Monday 29 August 2011

And finally...

So (there I go again!), this is my final blog post. I'm well and truly back now - all except for my bodyclock and goodness only knows where that is! However, I thought it might be good to do some summing up. Find a fitting conclusion to the tales of our travels and all that.

This was definitely one of the best holidays we have had as a family. The weather, company, experiences, scenery and surroundings were all...you guessed it: awesome! We met up with some lovely people known to us already, made new friends and enjoyed the company of passing acquaintances.

I fulfilled more life-long ambitions than I ever knew I had: paddling in Plum Creek! Taking an American road trip! Smelling the sweet prairie air! Drying my laundry in the prairie breezes! (I'm easily pleased and it's the small things in life that delight me the most.) Visiting Laura's houses! Finding out that the places I've read about since childhood really are just as I imagined...but better!

Just hanging out with Dr X. Dr Norton and Blondie, cooking in their kitchen, playing in their basement, admiring Dr N's fleet of vehicles, wandering down town and sipping a soda in the coffee shop, the fun of having a tray of hotdogs clipped onto your open car window, swimming in the cool, clear waters of the lake... all this made it a holiday - or vacation - to remember.

So, 'til next time, thank you to everyone who had a hand in our travels, thank you to everyone who read the blog. I'm off now, to work on my quilt while gently sipping an ice cold root beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment